Population

Based on National Statistics Office (NSO) 2010 Census of Population, Pinamalayan accounts for 10.40 percent share of the total population of the province. It has lower growth rate compared to province.

Read more: Population

Historical Population Growth

The historical population growth of Pinamalayan based from the data of NSO starting from 1903 up to 2010, (table and graph below) showed that the biggest growth rate occurred between 1903 and 1918 which posted 8.24 percent. The lowest growth rate occurred between 1960 and 1970 which had a negative rate of 1.44 percent due to the creation of the Municipality of Gloria on June 9, 1966 under R.A. No. 4651 which separated Gloria from Pinamalayan.

Read more: Historical Population Growth

Total Population by Barangay

Pinamalayan compose of 8 urban barangays and 29 rural barangays, has a total population of 84,046 and a total of 19,441 households based on 2014 CBMS 2nd Round Survey. Barangay Marfrancisco has the highest number of population and number of households while Barangay Malaya has the lowest number of population and number of households. Majority of the inhabitants are males outnumbering the females with 1,742 persons.

Read more: Total Population by Barangay

Population Density

The table below shows the population density of the Pinamalayan was approximately 3 persons per hectare. The most densely populated barangay was Barangay Wawa with 212 persons per hectare while the least densely populated barangay was Barangay Sabang. Only 3.76% of the total population residing in the 47.19% of the total land area situated only in barangay Sabang. The remaining 52.81% of the total land area was being occupied by 96.27% of its total population. Overall, the average household size in the locality was approximately 4 persons per household.

Read more: Population Density

Age and Sex Structure

Table below shows that Pinamalayan population composed of 42,894 males and 41,152 females or a ratio of 104:100 indicating that there were 104 male in every 100 females in the municipality. Age group of 10 - 14 years old has the highest contribution to the population with 9,597 persons followed by age group 5 -9 years old with 9,597 persons. Almost half (44.15%) of the total population belong to the young age group bracket (0 to 19 years old). Broken down into three broad age groups, the population of less than 15 years old comprised of 33.54 percent; the productive age group or working age group 15 to 64 years old,61.62 percent; while the elderly or the 65 years old and over,4.84 percent. This places the dependency ratio (the number of dependents 0-14 years and 65 years and over for every 100 persons in the productive age group 15-64 years) at 62.29 percent.

Read more: Age and Sex Structure

Marital Status

The results of 2014 CBMS 2nd Round Survey (table below) shows that there was 1 married female person and 1 female common live-in in status that belong to the young group (10-14 years old). Most single were males aging 10-54 years old. There was higher number of females than males that were widowed, divorce/separated, live-in and unknown status. Married persons accounted for 45.36 percent while the single persons constituted for 42.36 percent of the total population aging 10 years and above. The rest such as widowed, divorce/separated, live-in and unknown status accounted for 12.28 percent.

Read more: Marital Status

Registered Voters

Based on the records of COMELEC, Pinamalayan has a total of 41,310 registered voters for May 2013 national and local elections representing 1.07 percent increase as compared to the 40,869 registered voters in 2010. In May 2013 national and local elections, among 41,310 registered voters, only 32,419 actually cast their votes representing 78.48 percent of the total registered voters.The COMELEC also accounted a total of 44,550 registered voters for October 2013 barangay elections. Among these registered voters, only 33,759 actually voted for the barangay elections. This represents 75.78% of the total registered voters.

Read more: Registered Voters

Labor Force

For the year 2014, the table below shows that the total labor force (15 years old and over) in Pinamalayan was 55,857 or about 66 percent of the total population. About 37 percent or 30,775 were engaged in work and occupation. The bigger proportion of employed labor force was males.  

Read more: Labor Force

Search

Login Form